1. Entry into the Student VIP 2020 Wiley Direct Survey Competition (“Competition”) is deemed acceptance of these Terms & Conditions.
2. The Competition is conducted by John Wiley & Sons Australia Ltd, ABN 67 009 673 081 of 42 McDougall Street, Milton, Queensland, 4064 (“Promoter”).
3. The Competition commences 23/03/2020 at 08:00am AEDT and ends on 06/04/2020 at 11.59pm AEDT (“Competition Period”).
4. Entry is open only to residents of NZ, VIC, NSW, QLD, WA, SA, ACT, and TAS over the age of 18, but not including employees or immediate family members of Wiley or its affiliates. (“Eligible Entrants”). ‘Immediate family members’ means husband, wife, de facto, mother, father, brother, sister, son and/or daughter, whether or not they reside in the same household.
5. To be entered into this Competition, an Eligible Entrant must, during the Competition Period, a) complete the online survey entitled ‘2020 University Textbook Survey – Wiley Direct’ sent via email to the recipient, and b) answer the following question “How do you feel about the required textbooks (or other required course materials) at uni? Don’t hold back, let us know!*” in 100 words or less as part of the registration process. (“Entry”)
6. Eligible Entrants receive one Entry for submitting the above details and only one Entry per person is permitted.
7. The winner of the Competition shall be the Entry judged by the judging panel assembled by Wiley, to have the most creative or interesting answer. The Competition is a game of skill.
8. The prize is one (1) VISA prepaid gift card valued at A$200 (“Prize”). The Prize is non-transferable. The Prize is not redeemable for cash. Total value of the Prize pool is A$200.
9. Entries will be judged at the John Wiley & Sons Australia, Ltd offices in Richmond, Victoria within 7 days of the survey ending on 06/04/2020. Entries received after the end of the Competition Period will not be eligible.
10. Potential winners will be notified via email within (2) two business days of the judging date. At the time of winner notification potential winners will be required to provide their contact details including their full name, date of birth, residential address and an email address. All provisional winners’ names will be published online within (7) seven business days of being drawn at the Wiley Direct Facebook page – https://www.facebook.com/wileydirect/. All provisional winners will only be deemed winners once verified by Wiley. Wiley’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
11. If the winner of a Prize is under the age of 18 years, the Promoter may choose to award the Prize to the winner’s nominated parent or guardian.
12. In the event that the Prize remains unclaimed, the Promoter will issue the Prize to another Eligible Entrant as determined by the Promoter.
13. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process. No responsibility is accepted for late, lost or misdirected entries.
14. By entering, each Eligible Entrant warrants that his or her Entry is original and does not infringe the intellectual property rights of any third party, has not been published in any medium, and complies with any content restrictions set forth below.
15. Content Restrictions – Any Entry that includes content that is deemed inappropriate, indecent or obscene, is discriminatory or libellous, as determined by Promoter in its sole discretion, shall not be eligible.
16. Each Eligible Entrant retains ownership of the copyright in any submitted Entries. However, by entering the Entries in this Competition, each Eligible Entrant grants the Promoter the irrevocable, perpetual, royalty free right to edit, adapt, and publish in any media now known or hereafter discovered any or all of the Entries for promotional purposes. Entries will be given attribution credit based on the first and last names supplied with submission, title or position of employment, their school and their state of residence.
18. Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, the Promoter (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability for any loss or damage; whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Competition. All Entrants agree that all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connecting with this Competition shall be subject to the law of the State of Victoria, and all parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the State of Victoria.