Pay only for the time you need this text! Materials Science and Engineering: An Introduction, 8th Edition E-Text is available as a rental option. For 30 days the text can be viewed online and offline on your iPad, tablet, computer or smart phone, with all the same features as our regular Wiley E-Texts.
ISBN: 978 0 730 31154 6*Minimum system requirements
The Materials Science and Engineering: An Introduction, 8th Edition E-Text can be viewed using your iPad, tablet, computer or smart phone. This E-Text also comes with WileyPLUS access, which includes a wide range of self-study tools to help you succeed in your engineering degree.
Materials Science and Engineering: An Introduction, 8th Edition
William D. Callister, David G. Rethwisch
Callister and Rethwisch’s Materials Science and Engineering: An Introduction, 8th Edition continues to teach and inspire . Written in a clear and concise way, this text will help you to understand the three basic material types (metals, ceramics, and polymeric materials) and composites, as well as the relationships that exist between the structural elements of materials and their properties. Materials Science and Engineering: An Introduction, 8th Edition will help you throughout your engineering degree and into your career.
This text also comes with WileyPLUS, where you can access an online version of the textbook and a comprehensive collection of practice tests that will help you ace your exams. Tutorial questions allow you to work through complex questions step-by-step, providing assistance if you become stuck. By offering varied questions and instantaneous feedback to your answers, WileyPLUS makes every study session successful.
- Concept Check questions throughout chapter quiz students on their understanding of key ideas in the chapter. Answers are provided on the student companion site.
- Clear and concise discussions: This text clearly and concisely conveys materials science and engineering concepts at an appropriate level to ensure understanding.
- Mechanical property coverage: The Eighth Edition maintains its extensive, introductory level coverage of mechanical properties and failure‐‐the most important materials considerations for many engineers.
- Current and up‐to‐date: The latest developments in Material Science and Engineering. Such up‐to‐date content includes advanced ceramic and polymeric materials, composites, high‐energy hard magnetic materials, and optical fibers in communications.
- Resources to facilitate the materials selection process: Appendix B, contains 11 properties for a set of approximately 100 materials, and can be used in materials selection problems. The additional resource, Appendix C, contains the prices for all materials listed in Appendix B.
- Materials of Importance: These brief topics discuss high interest applications of materials and relate them to topics in the book. Some examples include “Shrink Wrap Polymer Films,” “Shape Memory Alloys,” and “Nanocomposites in Tennis Balls.”
As part of Wiley’s ongoing commitment to higher education, the Wiley Affordability Program is dedicated to providing you with premium Wiley learning resources at an affordable price. We believe that every student has a right to access quality resources, no matter what your budget. Now, we are even better equipped than before to do what we do best; help teachers teach and students learn.