- $55 E-Text
- 20% off print
- Free shipping in Australia
Wileydirect.com.au price offers cannot be combined with any other offer or discount codes.
The price shown is the final price for both Australian and NZ orders. Australian prices are shown inclusive of GST, and New Zealand prices are shown in AUD but exclusive of all taxes.
Affordable E-Text with lifetime access
• Search, highlight and take notes
• 24 hour access to your textbook online and offline
• Use on iPad, tablet, computer or smartphone
The traditional, printed version of your course textbook.
Textbook + WileyPLUS
WileyPLUS is only available to students enrolled in courses where WileyPLUS has been prescribed as a required resource. Otherwise you will not be able to access this resource. Please check with your instructor before purchase.
Fluid Mechanics, 7th Edition SI Version
Bruce R. Munson, Theodore H. Okiishi, Wade W. Huebsch, Alric P. Rothmayer
Fluid Mechanics, 7th Edition SI Version offers comprehensive topical coverage, with varied examples and problems, application of the visual component of fluid mechanics, and a strong focus on effective learning to help students connect theory to the physical world. The text enables the gradual development of confidence in problem solving. Each important concept is introduced in easy-to-understand terms before more complicated examples are discussed.
Continuing this book’s tradition of extensive real-world applications, this latest edition includes new problem types, an increased number of real-world photos, and additional videos to engage users more deeply with the material and concepts.
This text comes with WileyPLUS, where you can access an online version of the textbook as well as a wealth of interactive iStudy resources. In addition, you can access a comprehensive collection of practice tests that will help you ace your exams. By offering varied questions and instantaneous feedback to your answers, WileyPLUS makes every study session successful.
- Learning Objectives at the beginning of each chapter, and the Chapter Summary, Study Guide and Equation Summary at the end of each chapter, guide the reader in the key knowledge they are to gain from the chapter.
- Hundreds of photos, illustrations, and videos help students visualise fluid flow, and connect the math and theory to physical real-world applications.
- Fluids In the News: Short stories that demonstrate some of the latest ways that fluid mechanics affects our lives.
- Problem-solving methodology in example problems: All of the example problems are outlined and carried out with the problem-solving framework of “Given, Find, Solution, and Comment” to reinforce good problem-solving practices.
- Homework problems stress the practical application of principles: Problems include simple to complex problems, discussion problems, problems based on the fluids videos, and Excel-based lab problems.
Bruce R. Munson Professor Emeritus of Engineering Mechanics, has been a faculty member at Iowa State university since 1974. He received his B.S. and M.S. degrees from Purdue university and his Ph.D degree from the Aerospace Engineering and Mechanics Department of the university of Minnesota in 1970.
From 1970 to 1974, Dr.Munson was on the mechanical engineering faculty of Duke University. From 1964 to 1966, he worked as an engineer in the jet engine fuel control department of Bendix Aerospace Corporation, South Bend, Indiana.
Dr. Munson’s main professional activity has been in the area of fluid mechanics education and research. He has been responsible for the development of many fluid mechanics courses for studies in civil engineering, mechanical engineering, engineering science, and agricultural engineering and is the recipient of an Iowa State university Superior engineering Teacher Award and the Iowa State University Alumni Association Faculty Citation.
He has authored and coauthored many theoretical and experimental technical papers on hydrodynamic stability, low Reynolds number flow, secondary flow, and the applications of viscous incompressible flow. He is a member of the American Society for Engineering Engineers, The American Physical Society, and the American society for Engineering Education.
Theodore H. Okiishi
Iowa State University, Ames
Wade W. Huebsch
West Virginia University, Morgantown
2 Fluid Statics
3 Elementary Fluid Dynamics—The Bernoulli Equation
4 Fluid Kinematics
5 Finite Control Volume Analysis
6 Differential Analysis of Fluid Flow
7 Dimensional Analysis, Similitude, and Modeling
8 Viscous Flow in Pipes
9 Flow Over Immersed Bodies
10 Open-Channel Flow
11 Compressible Flow
As part of Wiley’s ongoing commitment to higher education, the Wiley Affordability Program is dedicated to providing you with premium Wiley learning resources at an affordable price. We believe that every student has a right to access quality resources, no matter what your budget. Now, we are even better equipped than before to do what we do best; help teachers teach and students learn.
Textbook + WileyPLUS: 9781118927137